Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Week Twelve - Happiness

We get an email from ELOV every week on p-day - an audio file. I listen to it then transcribe what he says (depending on how long it is determines if transcribing takes one or two days.) Bonus for me: transcribing his words lets me understand more than just hearing. The nice thing about audio is I get to hear his voice and inflections more than just reading an email. (Abstract me: audio is three dimensional whereas email is two dimensional.) Here are some things Elder Lovgren said this week:
  • Hey-yo! It's Elder Lovgren here and it's week three of transfer two. I'm half way done with my second transfer - time's flying!! I love you guys! I love my mission! I've seen and felt the most joy on my mission so far this week - by far! This gospel makes me so happy and I cannot wait to tell you all the amazing things that happened this week.
  • Guys, I had my first baptism on Saturday! *I* baptized [our investigator]! So spiritual! Best day of my life! Best day of [his] life! It was the best! 
  • Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.
  • We invite, and we help. That's all we do. To know that we have a Savior, God is real, they both love us, there's a purpose in this life, and we're eternal beings brings meaning to life. 
Not Where's Waldo? But Where's Elder Lovgren?

No comments:

Post a Comment