Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week Twenty-One - The Holy Ghost

I love Elder Lovgren's messages! They are so thought provoking and heart felt. Here are a few things he said this week:

Love
I want people to feel at least a portion of the love I feel because as of late it has been the most driving force for me. To think about love ... some people don't feel loved at all. We talk to people all the time who don't feel loved. They never have been and they try to find love through temporal things. They are loved more than they could ever imagine. I know and feel that. 

The Spirit is What Teaches
Forever now in my mission and in my life I will do what I can to invite the spirit. There is nothing that will change a person's heart more than when something clicks in their brain at the same time as when they feel something in their heart. When sometimes something doesn't make sense, its the reading AND feeling that causes the mind to understand. Every single person needs to feel the spirit and that's the job of missionaries. To bring the spirit to [our investigator] makes me so happy. I feel pure joy!

Bearing My Testimony
At Fast and Testimony meeting last Sunday every single person that went up spoke to me and it was exactly what I needed to feel and hear. I was sitting there just tearing up. The spirit was tugging "Go up, Go up" so at the end, with five minutes left, I went up. 

I told them about the experience I had with [our investigator] and teaching by the spirit. I said, "I wasn't there when Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ but I know that the way he felt when he saw them was the same spirit that touched the heart of [our investigator]. And it's the same spirit I've felt in here that's changed my heart." I pretty much bawled my eyes out up there saying, "The Holy Ghost is everything and the fullness of the gospel has been restored to the earth. We have it, and it's free to have if we just choose to have it in our life. I've never come to more truth and understanding - in my life - than what I've felt through the Holy Ghost." Pretty much half the congregation was crying. I've never poured my heart out that much up at the pulpit, but it came from a sincere place. 

Another Zone Conference for the Irvine Area, Where's Elder Lovgren? Shhh, don't tell! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment